Tuesday 5 February 2008

The city and the university have made me very stress. In the middle of last week I have got a phone call from my sister, asking me to go to the Lake District with her on Saturday. I tried to manage my time with the university and Kevin and agreed with her. I woke up at 6.00 am on Saturday. The weather was not which the British would have got out of their bed. I grabbed my bag and left the dorm



It was freezing the night before as ice could be seen on the pavement and the car. I had stopped by Sainbery's shop to buy my lunch before I met my sister at Oxford Road train station. The return ticket cost 11.35 pound for each of us with young personal card. We caught the 7.48 am train to Oxenholm then continued the other train to Windermere, taking almost 2 hours in total. Along the sides of the railroad were full of snow, probably from the last freezing night.

We walked from the train station to the pier on a side of the lake. Caught a boat to Ambleside. The reture ticket cost 8 pound each. The lower deck of the boat was full with tourist, we had to sit on the roof, while it was snowing and cold. As we arrived, we climbed up to a peak directly, passed a small water fall. There was snow everywhere beside the way. At the top peak, all the tiredness had gone with beauty of the lake.

We had lunch on the way to the other peak passing Ambleside town. Asking several people, we notice the entrance, which was on the other side of the mountain. This peak exhausted all of our energy. The mountain was slippery with snow. The wind was not gentle and brought snow occasionally. At the peak, my eyes were open wide with the scenery. I feel like an hour is not enough staying there.

On the way back, we could not find a seat on the lower deck of the boat. It was raining this time and we were wet and we had to bend our body to our knees to avoid the wind. Back to Windermere town, we stopped at Costa Cafe'. A cup of hot chocolate, a croissant and looking at pictures on our camera ended this day beautifully before we took the train back to Manchester.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2010 im-okey-dokey.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.