Wednesday 8 April 2009

I woke up at 0500H. Turned the TV on and kept my eyes on the news about the red shirt protesters while preparing my breakfast and lunch. I later went swimming at the office, back to my desk and updated news on several websites. I have been following the news for hours and hours willing to know what would happen to this country and to us as the protesters have claimed that today was their d-day.

The red shirt leaders has convinced people to gather today, boasting there would be 300,000 people. Until now there are just about 30,000 of them amass near Privy Councillor Gen Prem's residence. Navin's speech opposed Thaksin yesterday has been analysed that it indicates the weakness of former PM Thaksin.

On the other hand, Thaksin's ex-wife and children have flown out of the country. The news has been confirmed. He has video-linked to convince people to gather today to protest, but his family has already left!

Until the end of this week, if the red shirt leaders do not have a good strategy, which I think they don't, it is going to be difficult for them to gather more people after Songkran (the Thai New Year) as the matter of money and as the matter of fact that Thaksin has been fighting for himself not for democracy as he says.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2010 im-okey-dokey.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.