Thursday 9 April 2009

As I expected, the traffic in Bangkok has been paralysed since the rush hours started. One of my friends called me and told me that her company had told all employees to go back home as they might have been hold on traffic. After work I went to the gym near my office and while I was waiting for the bus, there was a huge thunder storm, lightening could be seen. This is not a good luck to the protesters. The traffic was very bad. The bus took very long time to move. I had decided to get off and walked. On the way to a motorcycle taxi I saw a group of about 10 to 20 red shirt protesters blocking the intersection between Sukhumvit and Rama IV road. They were shouting something through the noisy traffic. One of them waving national flag. I have arrived home safely, watching the news now.

Ratchawithi Hospital and others near the Victory Monument have been affected from the traffic blockage. Patients who have appointments with the hospitals tomorrow will be diverted to others. Only ambulances are allowed to go in and out, but still be checked by the protesters, thus causes delay.

I am now waiting for PM Abhisit's address for the action to solve this situation. Here he comes...

Da! PM Abhisit has applied the law enforcement and announced that tomorrow (Fri 10/04/2009) is an official holiday. Yo!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2010 im-okey-dokey.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.