Wednesday 15 April 2009

I left Bangkok on Saturday, two days after streets in Bangkok were blockaded. There was no internet connection at my grandparents' house, thus, I had to follow the situation through public channels. My heart sank watching the protesters broke a glass door and occupied the hotel where the ASEAN summit was held. The summit had been cancelled then all leaders left the country. At this point, I thought PM Abhisit had come to the end of his career. I was wondering if PM Abhisit could handle the situation. The protesters moved back to Bangkok and a new chaos restarted. The worse was the police and some parts of the soldiers were doubted to be under the influence of former PM Thaksin. It was very tense and made me hardly slept. I had followed PM Abhisit's every address. I believe that a lot of thais were doing so.

The troops started to quell the protesters on early on Sunday [12th Apr] morning and it ended yesterday [14th Apr]. Two people were shot to dead by the red-shirted protesters and many buses were used to block the troops and later burnt down. The city is now almost back to normal but the state of emergency has not yet been withdrawn.

The red-shirted interviewees said that they would come back to protest for their so-called democracy. From what have just happened to the city, I think they should learn more about it. Also they should learn how to analyse information from medias and more over from their beloved leaders and former PM, Thaksin Shinawatra.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2010 im-okey-dokey.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.