Tuesday 14 April 2009

I decided to meet my family at my grandparents' house in Ayuddhaya during Thai New Year [Apr 13th-15th]. Travelling by train is the most convenient way to get there. The train was very crowded as everyone was going home and escaping from the political situation in Bangkok. The 3rd class no air-conditioned trian smelled sweat from passengers. A few men with a big bucket full of soft drinks or bags of boiled eggs tried to sqeeze themselves through passengers, selling them. I paid attention on my book to filter out all these annoying environment. An old man was walking toward me. One of his hand was holding a plate, which contained packs of fried chicken with basil and a fried egg. Wherever you go in this country, this is the meal you can always order. It is one of our national dishes. Some call it "Aharn-Sin-Kid; the dish you order when you cannot think of anything else". A woman, who had been sleeping since the train departed from Bangkok, ordered one. She was fuelling herself while I was swallowing my saliva taking a picture of her.

1 comments:

Designer Admiration said...

I love 3rd class! Its free! They have fans, so its ok.
I love the smell of sweat and all the sellers coming through with stinky food.

AROI!!!

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2010 im-okey-dokey.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.